Friday 6 December 2013

Just like that i am into heath reporting

Image

me,myself and i.
At one time if you asked me to do a health report i would look at you and wonder if you could see some injections in my eyes.Well that's just to say i dreaded anything to do with health,hospitals,infections and the likes.
But a month ago,all the fear somehow went away after i started hosting some health show.It was one at the beginning..how they turned out to be 2 is still a mystery.I felt sorry for myself since researching on health issues is the last thing i ever thought of doing.Anyway i had no way out..i had to,since i had guest speakers..from nursing officers,to clinical officers to counselors,etc.
The journalist in me and lessons learnt along the way wouldn't let me go in with an "empty head".A brain devoid of any health issue knowledge.That is where it all started...i had fun reading on health not to mention sharing discussions with health professionals.

Yes as we speak ask me about cervical cancer,i will give you information,ask me about substance abuse..i know what to tell you,ask me anything about HIV/AIDS...it's all in my little head with a big brain.Ask about TB,genital warts,abortion risks..i got it all.
That is not where it all ends...i am out to do a lot to ensure all the info gets to the public at large.I am just starting..be sure to see a lot on health in future courtesy of one Mwanje Shaylor.
In the meantime i got a lot to take care of in school...but watch this space.When you dream it,you achieve it...right?
Thanks to one Gilbert Langat of Moi University Radio i realized there is a part of me that can actually tackle health matters super well.

No comments:

Post a Comment